Shakur Stevenson is an American Featherweight professional boxer who represented the USA at the 2016 Olympics and won a silver medal in the bantamweight division.
He is set to become the modern boxing superstar of the next decade. He has now turned professionally, where he has performed brilliantly in 13 matches so far.
|Full Name:||Shakur Stevenson|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
Shakur Stevenson was born on June 28, 1997, in Newark, New Jersey, United States to the parents of Malika Stevenson and Shahid Guyton. He was introduced to boxing at the age of 5 by his grandfather Wally Moses, the eldest of nine siblings and a boxing gym in Newark.
His grandfather jokingly once said that Shakur was awake as a child and he always knew he was practicing shadow boxing.
He began his early boxing training under his grandfather Wally as the veteran made a huge impression on him.
Named after the famous rapper Tupac Shakur, who was killed nine months after Shakur’s birth. He won gold at the 2014 Youth Olympics for USA as a flyweight boxer. He also won the gold medal at the 2014 AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships as a flyweight boxer that same year.
So far, Shakur is known to have two girlfriends, who went public after their engagement. He had an affair with Jazeera Gonzalez, the sister of one of his opponents, Jot Gonzalez, who fought and won the WBC featherweight belt.
Jajira Gonzalez is no stranger to sports such as boxing. He is also a gold medalist in boxing at the Youth Olympiad. The pair met at the Junior World Team Open Event in 2013. Next, Shakur had another affair with Michelle Ragston, who is from Houston, Texas and is best known for her rap style and is a top musician and online personality. It is not known when Shakur and Michelle met, but they certainly started dating in October / November 2020.
• Stevenson became a professional on February 9, 2017, when he signed a promotion deal with the top tier. He hired Andre Ward as their manager. Stevenson eventually won his first professional fight against American boxer Edgar Brito, demonstrating his speed, defense and punching ability.
• Stevenson prevailed in the fifth round by technical decision. Brito was cut in the 2nd round by an unintentional headbutt on his left eye. In the 3rd round, he received a score for deliberately bowing to Stevenson. Brito suffered cuts on his right eye as a result of his own deliberate headbutts.
• Finally, the ringside doctor stopped fighting. He was ahead of all three jury scores and won every round.
• Likewise, Stevenson debuted his Madison Square Garden for the World Light-Welterweight Championship on the undercard of Crawford vs. Dias.
• His opponent has been named Argentine boxer Carlos Suarez. Stevenson won the match 2 minutes and 35 seconds after the first round.
• In addition, on Nov. 20, the top line confirmed Mexican Oscar Mendoza (4-2, 2 KOs) as Stevenson’s opponent.
• Vasil Lomachenko vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux undercard on December 9, 2017 at Madison Square Garden Theater.
• Furthermore, Stevenson’s 2018 first fight is against Juan Tapia. The match was scheduled for February 16 at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino’s Grand Theater in Reno, Nevada.
• Stevenson easily defeated Tapia, winning 80-72 on all three judges’ scorecards. After that, Stevenson showed defensive improvements in the fight, boxing with his jab and working for the body. He used the distance effectively, allowing Tapia to land just one shot at a time.
His net worth is estimated at $ 1 million and he earns more than $ 100,000 a year. Stevenson had a very successful career at the youth level. He won the 2014 AIBA Youth World Championships and the 2014 Summer Youth Olympics.
In addition, in 2015, he won the Senior United States Olympic Trials by qualifying for the United States Boxing Team at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Meanwhile, in Rio, Stevenson won the silver medal after losing to Cuba’s Robisi Ramirez in a gold medal match. In short, they were the highest medal winning men in the United States.